We are living in an information age or you could say a digital age, where information and data drive our lives, our decisions, and our businesses.
Information is the lifeblood of business today, no matter how small and large your business may be. From customer’s interests to rising market needs, we need a lot of information to make the right decisions day to day and hour to hour.
But here is the catch, with billions of websites, ever-evolving digital media, and hundreds of social media profiles, finding information that matters become a difficult task for businesses.
There is simply too much irrelevant information and noise that can sweep away the hours each day.
This is where businesses need a smart tool that can filter out noise, save time, and let them work with relevant and specific information to help them grow.
This is exactly what Delve does and this is exactly why businesses need Delve, one of the newest additions to Office 365 platform.
People at work spend hours finding the right information every week, but you won’t be searching anymore if you start using Delve.
So why do small and medium businesses need Delve? Find out by reading the below.
Why is Delve Important for Your Business?
Like every other Office 365 tool, Delve is another tool by Microsoft that is designed to increase work efficiency and also to help streamline processes and work.
Delve can help provide you information that you need within seconds, that results in increased productivity.
According to McKinsey Global Institute, you can improve productivity by 20% to 30% with better and quicker access to relevant information
This is what Delve does. It collects relevant information across Office 365, turns raw information into useful data, and then presents for you it in a single space.
Many of you must be thinking, what’s new here? We already have few similar tools out there that we use don’t we?
Yes, there is, but Delve is unique and better.
At Green Data we have worked with many similar tools, but there is no tool out there that matches or even comes close to using Delve.
This is mainly because it uses different algorithms to rank relevant information to produce a better visual display for you. When other similar tools list and rank information based on history and file location, Delve follows a different set of parameters to determine relevance and then gives you all of this important information in an easy to read format.
This makes Delve smarter than other similar tools.
It quickly adapts to what you are working on at specific times and comes up with relevant information.
This means it quickly learns, based on your work history, what and who is important for you. As it accumulates data and information from all other Office 365 tools and apps, you can view all relevant information at one place. This means you don’t have to switch between multiple apps.
It also helps you discover content that you may have missed but is important to your work. Delve can collect both video and text content and merge it all into
Here is a quick list of some important benefits for your business:
- Help employees save time and use the time for more productive tasks instead of wasting time finding information
- Delve is smart enough to learn from your common patterns and interests to identify important folders, documents, and other information as relevant on its own. You can also save a document or folder as favorite to tell Delve what is important to you
- If you have permissions, you can also see what other people in your team are working on. This makes it a great tool for managers and business owners to keep track of teamwork
- With permissions, teams can also collaborate well by knowing what other team members are doing, especially if they are working on same documents
- In addition, Delve analytics also provides you in-depth details about the time you spent on each task. On top of that, it also identifies tasks that are redundant and unproductive
Smart, isn’t it?
From pooling relevant information to collaboration, from tracking time spent on tasks to identifying unproductive work, Delve can do it all for you!
This is why the Greendata team recommends Delve to our clients. It is simple to use and make it easier to work on different tasks. There is simply no reason to not to use it.
Here are few more reasons why you want to use Delve at your business.
Delve interface is also very cool and simple and visually more appealing than other similar tools.
There is a search option at the top right that can help you search anything within the Office 365 platform. You can add your favourite documents and folders on your own too.
The information like important documents are displayed in content cards form that you can click to open your document. You can also have a list of your favorite or important people under the People tab.
Each document also tells you if it is a group document or if it is only visible to you. You can add as many groups as you can under the Groups tab to let you collaborate with different teams within your business.
Simply put, with its simple user interface, there is absolutely no learning curve involved with Delve when you start to use it.
Keep Track of Social Media and Business Blogging
Delve also tells you what your favorite people and employees are doing on Yammer, what they are reading, and can even tell you what’s the latest on your favorite social or business blogs.
It also can help people within your business to create detailed personal profiles which are only visible to each other. This makes it easier for employees to learn about other person’s skills, expertise, job descriptions, and also their job roles too. This helps employees interconnect with skills and expertise to help them collaborate with others efficiently.
Here is a quick checklist of important Delve features for you:
- Individual Profile Page: Create a page to tell other people about your skills, expertise, job description, and interests
- Content Cards: Discover the latest content, documents, and information in the form of content cards
- Boards: Create boards to collaborate and share documents with different teams and people.
- Responsive: Delve can be used on desktop and also your mobile devices
- Security and Privacy: By limiting permissions, you can make sure only you have access to important documents
- Email Access: It also helps you access emails and important notifications. It also shows you all the important documents emailed to you
So where can you get advice on setting up Delve?
All in all, Delve is an excellent addition to the Microsoft Office 365 platform and it should be a must use tool for businesses.
It can add efficiency and productivity and helps your team members collaborate easily.
To learn more about how Office 365 and more importantly how you can start to use Delve to help your business grow, you can contact our team here at Greendata using our “Let’s Connect” page.
Or you can give us a call on 07 5526 0278 and we can help steer you in the right direction!